Skip to main content

Featured Post

A Farewell to The Owl House

[SPOILER FREE] The last episode of The Owl House was released last April 8, 2023, and this article is dedicated as a means of sending my appreciation to the show, especially, how much it means to me.  The Owl House first aired on January 10, 2020, which was just a couple of months away from the infamous March 2020. At that time, I was in my freshman year in college, adjusting and familiarizing a new environment–a new realm. Like Luz, I also felt like I was out of place since I didn’t really know what to do yet at that time, which is–I know, weird for a then 18-year-old freshman, but it was the truth. I passed college applications and took entrance exams just because that was what needed to be done. The course I took, I chose just because I wanted to get away from numbers as much as I could and because of an old childhood dream. At 18, there wasn’t a golden path that I wanted to take, but every decision I made, I made because I needed to.  The inevitable March came and I hate to admit i

Like what you see?

The Phineas and Ferb show is back!



Looks like there aren’t just 104 days of summer vacation in the city of Danville as Phineas and Ferb are back for 2 more seasons on Disney Channel!


I am not the only one going bananas over this right? Two more seasons of my favorite gang! Building and failed busting, I miss it, but I guess not for long!


Dan Povenmire, the co-creator of Phineas and Ferb announced on January 13, 2023, to look forward to two more seasons of Phineas and Ferb with over 40 EPISODES. It is expected to premiere next year, 2024. 


Phineas and Ferb is a cartoon show from Disney Channel that started its blessing of wholesomeness in February of 2008, and took a halt in June of 2015, after four seasons and two movies, namely, Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension in 2011 and  Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe last 2020, and now that it’s back, stay tuned for a blast of nostalgia!


I remember the times when I used to watch replays of Phineas and Ferb at 5 am in the morning as we got ready for school. Its theme song tattooed on my brain, the monkey taking a shower, and the song “Summer Belongs to You” as my 13-year-old angst breaker. I know it’s coming next year, but is it obvious that I honestly can’t wait? 


This made me think, that the kids before are practically adults now and the kids now who would watch these seasons wouldn’t probably know the Phineas and Ferb that we know of since rumor has it that it would feature the gang as teenagers now unlike their younger selves before. Would it even be patronized by kids nowadays especially since most of them are submerged in the likes of social media like TikTok and Twitter? 


But I realized the gang (Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Isabella, Buford, Baljeet, Perry the Platypus, Vanessa, Jeremy, Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, and Stacy) grew and so did I or us who grew (of course) in time. These two new seasons are not targeted to the kids of today, but more to us, who have loved these characters and had a special bond with them, the characters who are a huge part of our childhood. It’s amazing as I think about it, that my generation as a whole, despite borders and barriers, could be bonded by one particular thing that we both were involved in during our childhood. Over social media, it made me happy that it wasn’t just me who was hyped over this news, but a lot of people from different places sharing the same childhood memories from this and other shows released from our time as a child. It made me think of how important media is, not just to a child but to a whole generation. But to end, I am just ecstatic that I am here to relive this excitement again over a silly little show that my young self adored.


And with that, this 400+ word ramble is done. 

21-year-old-adult-excited-for-a-cartoon-show, OUT!


***


Check out this article where I used a Phineas and Ferb reference! 



Do you have any questions? Comments? Violent reactions? Or maybe you just want to say, “What’s up dawg?” Don’t be shy and just type it down below! I don’t bite.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts