Skip to main content

Featured Post

A Farewell to The Owl House

[SPOILER FREE] The last episode of The Owl House was released last April 8, 2023, and this article is dedicated as a means of sending my appreciation to the show, especially, how much it means to me.  The Owl House first aired on January 10, 2020, which was just a couple of months away from the infamous March 2020. At that time, I was in my freshman year in college, adjusting and familiarizing a new environment–a new realm. Like Luz, I also felt like I was out of place since I didn’t really know what to do yet at that time, which is–I know, weird for a then 18-year-old freshman, but it was the truth. I passed college applications and took entrance exams just because that was what needed to be done. The course I took, I chose just because I wanted to get away from numbers as much as I could and because of an old childhood dream. At 18, there wasn’t a golden path that I wanted to take, but every decision I made, I made because I needed to.  The inevitable March came and I hate to admit i

Like what you see?

I have mastered the art of not giving a f*ck


I have mastered the art of not giving a f*ck



I read -no, I listened to the audiobook of this book “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck” while I was doing the laundry. My schedule is packed so I decided that every time that I wash my clothes, I will continue listening to this audiobook, and so for the next 3 Sundays, my mind was filled with Mark Manson’s words.


It became really popular in many online bookshops that I follow as I always get it on my ads.


Because of it’s catchy title of course, one could get really hooked, and think “oh wow, very bold” both of which because of the fact that Manson used a curse in its title and because it is, as a matter of fact, in bold. But most importantly, some might come across this and think that it is really compelling. 


“Not giving a damn about anything? how can anyone do that?” some might say, and this is what bugs me the most. How can people care so much about something-anything-everything in the first place?


Back when civilizations hadn't even started you know what we care about? Food! And...how to stop the fire. When the Neolithic era came and civilizations started, we cared about taking care of our necessities: clothing, water, food, shelter. 


But now, everything is essential and a trivial thing could actually weigh the same to you in a weighing scale of importance. 


My first thought when I come across this book was, “holy crab sticks, somebody wrote a book about me!” of course it is not obviously about me. However I have always been a fan of not caring about things. Posting “keep calm and don't care” posts on my 1 year old Facebook, when I was 15. I kept telling this to myself yet still undeniably care about things I wish I didn’t care that much about.


When I was reaching puberty, I didn’t care about a lot of things. Grades? Acne? Personality? All ‘meh’ to me, and sadly, included in this list were family, friends and my future. All that I cared about was acknowledgement, attention, and too much of myself. 


I cherished things that held no importance, and forgot other’s feelings and existence because my head was waaaaaay too big that it blocked my sight of what’s imperative. 


Now, I am in College. Throughout that process from puberty to where I am right now (which is not that grand) I have mastered the art of not giving a f*ck. No, not to everything. But to things that are ACTUALLY important to me. Family, my career, my health and my cat. 


This book, when I read- listened to it, felt like a friend who finally understood me, a friend who I can smoke joint with (even if I haven't tried one) and I felt like my mind was vacuumed into cleaning my over cluttered mind, then put the ones I actually needed in its right places.


In this technological era, in which, constant emergence of different trends and products is inevitable. In which, with social media, you would doubt even your own self, with opinions that keeps on coming, opinions from people who you don't know and don't care, I think it is important to get back into narrowing down the things we actually need, and the things we actually care about. The necessities. The ones you really can’t live without.


Weigh it in the scale of importance and make sure that nothing could surpass you're own worth.


You can grab a copy of the book or an audio book on Amazon! Just click on the link below!



stay hydrated!

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts